I don't like how I don't get skipped to the front of the line when I've made my decisions, my plate is ready and I have cash in hand but instead have to wait behind the weird lady that doesn't know what she wants.
I'm not the kind of person that goes shopping to find something to buy. I go shopping because I know exactly what I want. I want to go in, get my crap, and get out. I may ask an employee for the location of the item I am looking for but that's about as much social interaction I can stand in a public place. *I already know I will pick the worst line in the whole store no matter how short it looks so the less time I have to spend wandering around looking for what I want to buy the better.
When I'm shopping for food I actually do it when I'm hungry. I've heard some people say you shouldn't do that because then you'll buy too much and blah blah I stop caring about their opinion right there because it works for me and obviously not for them. Being hungry while shopping for food does the following for me:
-makes me want to get done as fast as possible so I can go eat my new food!
-normally difficult decisions become super easy
>Example<
"Should I get the S'mores Pop-Tarts or the Chocolate Fudge?" Normally you would sit there in the isle in everyone's way thinking about something that doesn't really matter. But when you're hungry you're stomach does the thinking for you in the way of cravings: you get one, the other, or both! Heck, I might not even crave Pop-Tarts at the time of shopping and I'd skip the isle all together.
-I have always been healthy because my body tends to crave what it needs and I eat what I crave. This, however, is not true for all humans.
-I hardly ever buy too much because what I get is only what I want at the time. This isn't to say that I only shop for one meal at a time because I'll say "what am I hungry for dinner? or lunch? and breakfast?" and boom, I've got a couple weeks worth of food. I feel the same way about Panda Express. I already know what I am going to get. I don't want chow mien, I would not like to try any samples, I do not want to get it to stay, please give me some chopsticks, and NO I don't want any egg-rolls with that. If I can spit that out faster than you can pick up the styrofoam thingy then you should promptly escort me to the front of the line ahead of the other drabbling idiots so that I can get on with my day.
Today this person on front of me in line was intolerable. I could see the frustration on the face of the employee helping too; she just wanted them out of the store! The person had to try a sample of just about everything so that she could sit there and say, "Gee that's good, but I just don't know." She practically had her meal before she even reached the register. Every time an entree was served she would demand to know if the server was sure that that was all she got per serving.
"Only one scoop?!"
"Yes only one..."
"So only 5 peices?!"
"Yeah, that is always..."
"Better make it a double order then!"
It went on. She needed to go back and get a second meal. She ended up getting 3 additional entrees but she wasn't sure which ones at first. The individual boxes were too small because they only held "one scoop." I looked over and the employee had pulled out their little mini scale to weigh the food as if to try to get the point across in a subtle manner that the proper proportions were being dealt. It took two employees to keep the beast at bay!
I was in line directly behind her. I had verbalized what I wanted quickly and clearly and in a split second my order was ready to go and I found that I was wrong to expect to hear, "Oh, okay you're all done and this ornery meatbag isn't! How about we ring you up right now and get you on your way?" Instead I had to wait and suffer. This isn't the drive through! We aren't physically forced to stay in line because of concrete barriers! There are TWO registers! And one employee is just standing there not sure what to do because of the moron vibes that were emanating!
Maybe I am such a good customer because I work in retail and I know how terrible it is to deal with a rotten one? How hard is it to be polite and courteous? Why is it called "Common Sense" when there is nothing common about it?
The End.
*Look for an upcoming post about my "luck" or so it is called. Maybe.*
No comments:
Post a Comment