Recently my family and I underwent a project .22 for the youngest in the family and it came out brilliantly. It's fancy upgrades have me jealous! Here is a picture:
I love my .22. It was my first gun and will always be a favorite. I can shoot the wings off a fly at 25 yards and the head off a skunk at 50. It's incredibly reliable, lightweight, and cheap to shoot.
Her smiley target @50 yards with her 1x red dot.
My smiley target @ 50 yards with my 4x mildot scope.
~ ~
I went shooting today at the local out-door range with one of my best friends and we had a grand time. We both brought our Ruger 10/22 rifles and our surplus rifles. Me with my K31 Swiss in 7.5x55 and Mosin Nagant 91/30 in 7.62x54r and he with his Yugo Mauser in 8mm Mauser.
We left early in attempt to beat the crowds that plague this range on the weekends and getting there shortly after opening we had secured ourselves a bench each at the short range (15 feet-50 yards). He has his .22 in a synthetic side-folding pistol-grip stock with no optics. Mine is all original save it be the UTG 4x illuminated scope and picatinny rail I installed.
Above is my first target from the 25 yard line. The two circled shots were my first two shots from my K31 as I tried to zero the Leapers 4x scope I mounted on it. I then got it into the bull's eye and shot a second mag to confirm it. I then took my .22 and shot the 4 groups on the second circle plus the group on the bar-code.
I shot another group with the Swiss at 50 yards but it was too embarrassing to post.
We then put the .22s away and headed for the 100 yard range. I shot a decent group high and to the right and on the way back from checking the shots (since we don't have a spotting scope) I said to my friend, "I'm thinking 5 clicks over and 10 clicks down." Then I shot this group after sight adjustment:
Measured it's a 1 and 5/8 of an inch group.
Poser picture:
My buddy put all 5 on the page with his Mauser's open sights. He then took the Swiss and shot this group:
More poser pics of the 69 year old surplus rifle.
Clamp on scope mount and a free 4x scope a friend of mine gave me
Sits off the right a little, so shooting it is different than normal scoped bolt-actions.
There was a dude on the bench next to us shooting one of these:
Scoped by one of these thousand dollar Vortex scopes:
He had quite the setup too with a fancy and expensive looking bipod and elbow pads...
His groups weren't any better than the ones we shot with my K31. What a nOOb.





No comments:
Post a Comment