*Adendum: I realize my photos suck. I will be using my actual camera from now on and not my phone, and try for better light quality as well.*
I've got about 6 different computers stitched together in this one. It's purpose is to replace the MK2 and take over the duties running on Pappy's 7.1 surround sound theatre. MK2 pretty well bit the dust when I attempted to upgrade the MOBO.
First stages of assembly.
I originally was going to just stick with the stock CPU cooler and improve the case's airflow.
I was missing the IO shield so I had to improvise.
Then I added casters for mobility.
1G video and 5.1 surround sound card.
Then moved to a 7.1 with optical out so it would be fully compatible with the receiver.
Then I figured that 45 degrees Celsius was not good enough and upgrade the CPU Cooler
Test fit and function test. The Cooler barely cleared the PSU.
Got a mess of wires now...
Time to tidy it up!
Nice and clean.
Boom.
9 fans. Got the CPU down to 26 degrees Celsius.
And a better shot of the interior.
Intel Core Due 2.13Ghz
4G Ram
1G Video Card
7.1 Digital Sound
400G HDD space.
2 DVDROM/Writers
3.5" Multi Card Reader
3.5" Floppy.
Haven't gotten an OS on it yet but it'll sport Windows 7 and hook up to 2 terabytes of multimedia data, 7.1 surround, and 55 inches of LCD LED goodness.
I'm thinking of building another one similar because I found another Core Duo in my box-o-stuffs.
















No comments:
Post a Comment